Increasing the check mail time

Dec 4, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Hi there,

Great project by the way, using it right now and its fulfilling it's purpose right as we speak. Will let you know if I find bugs.

On another note, is there a possibility on having more intervals to check email. I would like to set this up to check the email accounts every minute but at the moment I am limited to 5. Is their a specific reason for this?

Thanks, keep up with the great project!

Coordinator
Dec 7, 2009 at 6:34 AM

The only reason that it is currently set to 5 minutes is to prevent "overrun" - that is to avoid a situation where a new collection starts before the last collection is complete.

That said, the P3SS service won't start a new collection if one is currently running, so it should be safe to remove the minimum - although I wouldn't recommend going below 1 minute.

(I'll add this into the next release)

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Thanks. Been running smooth over the last four days :D

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 1:24 PM

Can you please download version 0.2.3 and let me know how setting the collection time to 1 minute goes

Dec 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Just a cosmetic error. When I click down to one minute then click up again it goes back upto 6 minutes instead of 5, and after that it goes to 11 minutes.

Other than that. It's working fine for my purpose, it checks mail once a minute fine. :D

Coordinator
Dec 11, 2009 at 3:53 AM

I'm afraid that "cosmetic error" is by design - the box increments by 5 minutes. So 5 - 5 = 0, which you can't have so it gets set to 1; then 1 + 5 = 6 and 6 + 5 = 11. Its just the way that Numeric Up-Down controls work in Windows

Dec 14, 2009 at 5:28 AM

Hmmm. So if I selected "11" for example will that be checking every 11 minutes or every 10?

A simple fix would be to have one minute increments.