Just found P3SS...promising...

Sep 23, 2009 at 6:42 PM

Hi,

Ive been using POPGrabber Free for a long while but the 3 account limit prompted me to look around for alternatives that would allow me to have 5 accounts...on my very limited budget of $0.  I came across your software and was pleasently surprised to see what looks like a full featured POP3 to SMTP connector.  Thank you.

Although I got the basic operation working, I ran into a couple of things.  The first is the log window.  With every push of the refresh button it redisplays the same info multiple times.  I was getting seriously confused if it was working properly or not.  The pop-up dialog when going to the failed mail screen is confusing....I'm not sure what the screen is for nor do I know or understand what the pop-up is trying to warn me about.  Finally...I got very used to POPGrabber's check now button.  With P3SS you have to restart the server.....symantics I'm sure, but the check now is really handly when you are registering to post a message on a forum...and they don't let you login until you click a link in your email.  :)

Anyway....I can't wait to see how this progresses.

-Dan

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 1:29 PM

There have been a couple of changes to 0.2.3 that you may like:

• Fixed the bug with the log window (although I would recommend using the Event Viewer in windows)
  • The 'Failed Mail' tab now has a brief explanation of what it is for

As for a 'Check Now' button, I'm still yet to investigate how easy\hard it is to have the ConfigUtil send messages to the Service - but its on the 'To Do' list: http://p3ss.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=3550

Coordinator
Dec 8, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Apparently Inter-Process Communication (ie Applications sending messages to each other) is *very* easy to do in .NET thanks to the Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)

I've implemented a 'Check Mail Now' button in revision 32918 of the Source Code, and it is in the 0.2.4 pre-release (http://p3ss.codeplex.com/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=37002)