A Pop 3 to SMTP connector that supports Encryption (implicit/explicit SSL/TLS), APOP and leaving\deleting messages on the server after collection.
P3SS is built as a windows service that logs errors to the Windows Event Log and is coded in C# 3.5.
Due to time constraints, I'm reducing the amount of work that will be done on P3SS - however, I will hopefully have more time later this year to do some major work on the project
I've begun to put a little bit of time back into P3SS, my current priorities are:
- Write unit tests for existing code base
- Fix high-priority bugs in existing code base (esp.
Encoding Problem2), that won't be fixed by the rebuild
- Finish and release the service\threading rebuild (this will fix various performance\reliability bugs) (NOTE: This will rely on SQL CE 4 being released, unless I switch failed mail to being stored in a proper SQL database)
- Write documentation
What is a Pop3 connector?
A Pop3 connector forwards emails from a Pop3 account to an SMTP account without modifying the headers. The purpose of this is to collate a number of email accounts into a single email account, while not loosing\modifying the original headers (eg which email
account the email was actually sent to) or adding a "Forward" prefix to the message.
Full Feature List
- Runs as a service
- Supports Pop3 with APOP, Explicit encryption, implicit encryption, leaving mail on the server
- Supports SMTP and ESMTP with explicit and implicit encryption
- Configuration utility
- Logs to Windows Event Logs
Why would I want to use this?
- Its Free
- It supports Pop3 SSL\TLS out of the box
- Can forward to any SMTP server
- Doesn't need to run on the Pop3 or SMTP server
- It has all of the features found in most commercial Pop3 connectors